Sometimes you meet someone who changes your whole world. Someone that can make even the darkest of times fade away with just a simple smile. They can make you a better person every single day and almost force you to realize the things that really matter the most. How is my niece only 15 months old and has already made such an impact in my life?
When Sophia was born it was a game changer. After feeling a little lost and unsure of where life was taking me, that little nugget became my world. She made me realize I needed to be more present and helped me become the person that I was always meant to be: mature, respectful, a role-model, and an aunt.
Sophia, I never want you to stop being yourself. I hope you spend your days laughing, smiling, and fighting for what you believe in. There’s so much goodness in your little heart Sophia Claire and I don’t ever want you to stop sharing that with the world. While I will def mess up and fail at times, I know that your little self is learning from me and growing alongside of me. (we’re already such a duo I can’t wait to see how we are in 20 yrs.) I will always be here to wipe your tears away, go on shopping sprees with you (like I already don’t buy you enough Barefoot tees…), hold your hand, and help you to see how beautiful of a little girl God made you to be. I am the luckiest of aunts to have you, you little ray of sunshine.
Although there are plenty of things I’m sure Sophia will teach me, here are a few pointers for not only Sophia but for A L L my gals out there:
- Boys will be dumb, they’re going to annoy you. They’re gonna make your life impossible. And lets be real, I’ve definitely gone through my fair share of trouble with men, so I can def help you out with this. Can’t live without ’em though ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
- Arguments happen… Bad grades happen. But, it will all be okay. The hard times will teach you to be strong and confident. Trust me when I tell you that I have been through some very hard times myself (I’m sure you all will here about a couple of them sooner or later).
- Ask all the questions. It makes people like you more. Really… ask anything. Where they were born, what they want to do in their life, what their interests are. Any awkward silence can be cured with a simple question.
- It’s okay to splurge on yourself. It’s a good thing Barefoot has all the goods babe 😉 but don’t waste your money all at once… I still need to work on this myself.. lol but how cool is it that with whatever style you’re going for, dressing it up or dressing it down, we gotchu!
- Be in attendance to all of what you can be at. It’s all about the memz people. You’ll regret not spending time with your favorite people at the sporting event, at the concert in the park, at the halloween potluck…you’ll thank me later.
- Lastly, trust the calling in your heart. Don’t quite the voice inside your spirit. Do the work you’re called to go do.. even if it’s where someone else doesn’t think you should be going.
All the xoxo's,