Was this anyone else or was it just me? To be honest with everyone… Halloween 2017 for me consisted of an all-nighter working on a paper sooo, already at 11:00 PM on October 31st… Christmas Cheer was throughout my body.
HELLLOOOO! It’s November! “SANTA’S COMING!”
Yesterday evening, I put my TV on Hallmark Channel and it didn’t change all night. YES, I am already ready to constantly binge watch Christmas movies and blare Christmas music in my car!
So, there is so much banter on social media right now… the battle of the people who say “Christmas, THE SOONER THE BETTER!” vs. the Grinches and the Scrooges. HA! Versus the people who don’t want Thanksgiving overlooked.
Hey, don’t get me wrong… I love Thanksgiving too. There is a lot of good eatin’ to be done on that day, football to be watched, laughs with the family, and memories to be made. I love the holiday time of year, period. October to January 1st is my favorite time of the year ~ the weather, the fun, the holiday spirit, and family time. November is a special time because we start to reflect on things we are grateful for and truly realize that we need to cherish the time spent with our friends and family. So, I am by no means looking over Thanksgiving…
“Maybe Christmas doesn’t come from the store… maybe Christmas means a little bit more.”
WHY CAN’T WE BRING IN THE CHRISTMAS SPIRIT ON NOVEMBER 1st?! I just want to share my logic with all you ‘Thanksgiving Matters” crazies on this topic because who DOESN’T LOVE Christmas?!
- Just that… I LOVE Christmas! If I could keep the magic going all year long, I would. So, let us early birds get to have it longer than the 31 days of December.
- The music, the decorations, and the baking makes us happy and cheerful!
- So we are supposed to begin our Christmas shopping this month… that alone makes us cheerful and being in the Christmas spirit makes it all the more fun!
- Starbucks brings out the holiday cups… Therefore, all I want to do is cozy up in sweaters, scarves, and beanies while I’m out & about… and then cuddle on my couch to watch The Santa Clause.
- If I’M in the Christmas spirit… my house needs to be too. So even if I have a hay bale and pumpkins out on my porch, the inside of my house looks like Buddy the Elf threw up in it.
- IT’S THE MOST WONDERFUL TIME OF THE YEAR!
It’s not like we are boycotting Thanksgiving or being ridiculous… we just are extending the Christmas season and wrapping it all up into one!
What I really want to say is…
BUT ARE YOU GOING TO DIE?! Is it really going to kill ya for me to put up my tree on November 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 25th every year?
Buddy the Elf said it best…
~ and that is just what we are all trying to do ~
So take your turkey and STUFF it!
P.S. Be on the LOOK out for our voted fan favorite, Christmas 2017 Tee to hit the website and the floor! You won’t want to miss out on this one, it is PRECIOUS. And while you’re at it, make sure that you shop our other amazing college wear and campus apparel here at Barefoot Campus Outfitter!
Catch y’all next week…
I’m off to sprinkle Christmas throughout my home!