“Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the fall.”
– F. Scott Fitzgerald
The first day of fall is finally here and it has me SO excited that I am actually bouncing around in my seat… Ok, so maybe that’s the coffee setting in. But either way, September 22nd marks it officially fall and you already know that I for dang sure started off my morning with a Pumpkin Spice Latte in hand. BASIC! Pfft, I know it. You probably think that I threw on my chunkiest sweater and booties this morning, don’t you? Well, GOT YOU! Unfortunately, Texas doesn’t ever want to give us the true fall crisp weather that some of you may get to experience.
We are SPINNING into fall over here at Barefoot!
Which brings me to what I want to share with you guys today…
How to make it feel like fall when it definitely doesn’t feel like fall.
This is my most favorite time of the year, so this day is like so exciting to me that it’s like Christmas morning over here guys. Sooo, if any of you are like me and are ready to dive into the season spirit, here are some ways to get excited about fall NOW!
- Scentsy Scents & Candles. Don’t even try to lie and say that you haven’t already stocked up on your warm apple pie & vanilla pumpkin spice Scentsy bars. That’s like the first thing you can wake up and get excited about doing in the morning… I sure did! I also just saw the neatest idea that is so cute and sounds like it would smell so yummy… place a vanilla votive candle inside a candle holder filled with coffee beans & fill your house with the coziest, fall aroma! BRB… literally running to the store to purchase these easy grabs & putting this together.
- Sweaters & Pumpkins. Ok, so depending on where you live… maybe you can bare the warmer weather & put on a sweater to head to your nearest pumpkin patch to get some cute IG pics with your S/O, fur-baby, or your besties! It’s most definitely not too early to pick out the best pumpkins in the patch to put your porch in the fall feels too!
- ^ Which brings me to splurging on the cutest fall or Halloween decor to make your home ready for this season too! Hobby Lobby is my seasonal heaven… and Big Lots is ballin on my college girl budget & still fulfilling my fall front porch dreams!
- Pumpkin EVERYTHING… Yes, PSL’s are back at Starbs, plus their other delicious fall drinks & treats. Pumpkin breads, pumpkin sweets, and even pumpkin beer… um YUM. For all of you that are of-age, that is. I’ve never tried pumpkin beer, but it’s at the top of my list.
- With the end of September/ beginning of October comes the opening of haunted houses… MY. FAV. Grab your favorite gal pals and/or buds and make an evening out of going to the scariest houses in your area! Has anyone ever done the haunted corn-mazes? I don’t even know if we have any around here but they sound so spooky & FUN.
- Break out the classic Halloween movies! You can literally never watch Hocus Pocus and Halloweentown too many times… all Halloweentown movies. For you horror movie fans, cuddle up on the couch with lots of blankets & turn out all the lights and binge watch until you’re too scared to make another trip to the kitchen by yourself!
- For my ladies… nothing excites me more than the first mani & pedi of the fall… BLACK IS BACK! Load me up with the deepest purples, grays, blacks, and browns for the fall season. OPI’s “Lincoln Park After Dark” is the best go-to.
- Head to your kitchen… nothing says fall like crockpot meals; yummy soups, chilis, and stew, pies, apple cider AND… we cannot forget the Pillsbury Halloween sugar cookies!
- Stock up on your plaids. Refresh your wardrobe for fall! My favorite thing about the fall is that the fashion is SO effortlessly cute! We love adding layers to one piece to really make ourselves look like we spent a lot of time in front of the mirror, l o l… plus it just makes your outfit more fun while still staying comfy!
- What is fall without a tailgate and a football game? Fall = football, y’all. Especially down here in Texas. So really put yourself in the fall mood by heading out to cheer on your favorite football guys ~ whether that’s a high school, college or an NFL game!
I hope these few things gets you guys going & puts you in the fall mood! It sure has me excited! I’ll be dreaming about the cooler weather with a crisp breeze and leaves falling all around me while I sit here and fry in the Texas heat!
Make sure that you check out our amazing college apparel and campus wear here at Barefoot Campus Outfitter!