As Americans, there is nothing we value more than our freedom – so of course we have to go all out when it comes to celebrating it. If you are ready to channel your inner “T-Swift” this 4th of July (minus, of course, the A-lister guests), let’s talk about all the essentials to throw an independence party that would make our Founding Fathers salute you!
First up to an amazing party is, of course, FOOD! Since I am a terrible cook, I’m going to leave the intricate recipes to Pinterest. However, if you’re looking for the easy way out – you came to the right place! My guest will think that I slaved in the kitchen for hours to create the perfect patriotic dish, and who I am to crush their dreams? For the perfect Fourth of July dishes, I drive down to my local Walmart, pick out some food, grab a couple American platters – and wa-la! Fruit is also an easy way to make any dish patriotic! Here are a few dish-pirations:
Second on our list is decorations! You cannot have a successful Fourth of July party unless it is decked out in red, white, and blue… EVERYTHING! From the front yard to the back, the more extravagant the better, after all, Americans reputation isn’t “modest”. So go all out! Here are some ideas:
- Paint your yard! Okay, bare with me, I promise I’m not on a mission to kill your lawn. At your local hardware store, you can find construction marking paint. This paint is made to be landscape friendly and will go as your grass grows out and you mow! But talk about a first impression! Using a star cardboard cut out you can wow your guest from the moment they walk up!
- Banners, ribbions, streamers, GALORE! Stream it across the door, countertops, walls, your dog if he/she is cool with it!
- WE ARE AMERICANS AND WE’LL SCREAM IT FROM THE
ROOFTABLE TOPS! The instant way to assure your party will be the talk of the town is to create an irresistible table display for all the beautiful food you slaved (or bought, haha- whoops) over. Whether neat and simple is your preferred method, or big and extravagant, this is not a step to be skipped.
What would an American celebration be with out… BOOZE?! Of course you can always just show up with a case of beer and call it a day, but what fun would that be? For all those out there, who like myself, are so extra – this ones for you! (pictured below in order)
- Fire cracker punch: Fill glass with ice, put a splash of grenadine over ice, pour Barcardi Razz slowly over ice, then lemonade, then top off with Blue Curaco. Enjoy.
- Sparking red, white, and blue sangria: Stir together white wine, blueberries, raspberries, strawberries and apple juice together in a large pitcher. Cover and refrigerate f0r 1-4 hours so the flavors can mix together. When you are ready to serve, gradually stir in champagne and apples and ice – serve immediately. Enjoy.
- Homemade strawberry lemonade (this can be virgin or alcoholic): Blend 1 1/4 pound go strawberries, 2 lemons, and 1/2 cup of honey with 2 cups of water. Strain the strawberry lemon mix, and add an additional 4 cups of water through the strainer. Taste and add sugar/honey as needed. Add 2-3 shot of Vodka (optional). Serve old over ice garnished with strawberry or lemon slices. Enjoy.
Last, but maybe most important to an unforgettable 4th, your outfit!
Much like everything else, you want to be decked out in 4th of July attire. With the summer heat – I recommend a cute tee or tank that you can either dress up or down to fit the occasion. (Click the pictures below for the link)
This tank is a staple item for any firework display! Keep it casual but pairing it was a pair of denim shorts and sandals, or dress it up by tying it up in the side, pairing it with a denim skirt, scrappy sandals and a bandana neck tie!
This Vintage sport tee is perfect pair with high waisted denim shorts – add a necklace and converse to tie it all together!
What is more American than a classic baseball tee?! Nothing! It also goes perfect with a pair of skinny jeans and either sandals or sneakers!
Wishing you and your besties the happiest 4th of July!