“And the rays of light through my Shiner Bock bottle
make me wanna turn the key and put down the throttle…
and get lost down 35…”
The bluebonnets are blooming, the weather is warming, the storms are rolling, and the sun is hanging around longer… spring is officially SPRUNG in Texas. Driving down 377 yesterday, I was already passing a ton of cars pulled over to take their bluebonnet pictures in any patch they could find! Trust me, if you can work your angles, no one will ever tell you’re pulled over on the side of the road in a tiny patch of Bluebonnets.
These springy vibes remind us why we love Texas so much.. y’all already know that everything is bigger and better in Texas, so just go ahead and throw spring time in there too!
We thrive off our Whataburger, our Texan slang; y’all, ain’t, yall’dve, buggy, holler, and yonder; our Tx country music scene, our chips & salsa, Dr. Pepper, sports teams, the outdoors, the river, Texas history, and cold beer.
We don’t slack on being PROUD!
Josh Abbott describes our great state the best in his classic hit, “You Ain’t Met My Texas Yet”.
Yes, it’s a tune we’ve all been singing for years… but it talks about every important pit stop to make in Texas!
Honestly, since the song came out in 2012… I’ve always wanted to do the bucket list of this song.
- Climbed up to Enchanted Rock?
- Drank a cold Shiner down in Luckenbach?
- Taken your baby to the River Walk? Check.
- Floated the Ol’ Frio?
- Eaten Coopers down in Llano?
- Houston Rodeo? Check.
- Sang “Carry On” at a Pat Green show. Triple check.
- Seen an Abilene sunset? Does a Stephenville one count?
- Caught a trout down in Port A?
- Fireworks on PK? Check, check.
- Haven’t had a kolache when you go through West? DUH. Check.
- Never heard of the LARRY JOE TAYLOR FEST?! *Inner Tarleton State girl SCREAMS from the inside* I’m a VET.
- Haven’t been to the Fort Worth Stock Show? 24 times, check. Born and raised.
- Sang along with Cory Morrow.
- Ain’t seen a hill country sunset? Check!
- Haven’t hiked through Big Bend?
- Had your hair blown back by Lubbock wind? A million times, check. It’s not as peaceful as it sounds…
- San Antone rodeo?
- Sang “Everclear” at a Creager show? LJT Veteran… check, check, check.
- Ain’t seen an El Paso sunset?
Clearly, there are still some things I need to do right here in my home state. Hey, cut me some slack… there’s a lot of ground to cover round here! Texas is HUGE, ya know?
There is nothing I love more than driving south from good ole Stephenville. Rolling through the hill country and taking in all the beautiful scenery is one of my favorite things about our great state. Taking in all the BlUeBoNnEtS and InDiAn pAiNtBrUsHeS along the way is breathtaking and do not forget the hill country sunsets. My goodness. One day… one day y’all, I will live further south.
All my Texans… make some noise! *LoLz* But really, what’s your favorite thing about living in Texas?
Don’t forget to shop our Barefoot – Tx Local Vibes! We have EVERYTHING TEXAS you could ever need… or don’t need!
“Cause no matter how big the storm
I know I can find me a place that’s warm,
the sun is shining somewhere in Texas…”
Until next time y’all,
“I’ll just be missing you in a Texas kind of way…”