Tis the season to count your blessings! I’m not certain why it takes the cooler months to get some of us in our thankful feels, but better late than never, right? With all of the negativity that we are surrounded by in this crazy world, I once again feel compelled to shine some light! This is a reflection blog to get you thinking on all of your blessings – answer these questions on your own for a personal reminder or do it with a loved one to share blessings together!
- What is the first thing that comes to mind when you think of your blessings?
- List a challenging time in your life that contained a hidden blessing.
- Who is the most influential person in your life & why?
- What are your three best qualities?
- What physical places are you thankful for?
- Name an experience from the last year that you are glad happened.
- What positive changes in your habits, personality or life have taken place in the past year?
- What is the last thing that you did for someone without expecting anything in return?
- What talents or abilities are you thankful for?
- Who are you glad to know?
- What do you hope your children will be thankful for when they’re your age?
- What comes easily to you that you normally take for granted?
- Name something that you’re glad you don’t have.
- What is something that you’re looking forward to?
- What small miracles have you experienced?
- What unanswered prayers are you thankful for?
- What unexpected gifts have you received this year?
- What part or trait of your body are you thankful for?
- What possessions are you thankful for?
- What is the best quality that your best friend or significant other possesses?
- What makes your home a home?
- List something that has stood the test of time.
- No matter what kind of day you are having, what will make it better?
- What motivates you to get out of bed each day?
- Name a recent laugh out loud moment.
- What is one thing that you wish you could tell your younger self?
- How are you going to make the remainder of this year the best it can possibly be?
Sometimes you just have to take a step back.
In the past it was SO easy for my happiness to be shaken. Recently when faced with adversity I have been asking myself, “in the big scheme of life, will this one tiny moment actually matter?” 9.2 times out of 10, it won’t.
It’s also so easy to get caught up in our celebrity & social media driven society.
Rather than focusing on materialistic values, focus on who you are on the inside, how you can positively impact those around you & remind yourself daily to stay positive.
No matter what is going on in your life, there is ALWAYS something to be thankful for!
Stay blessed & don’t forget to be a blessing, too.