We’re in a strange place right now. We live in a world that is constantly wrapped up in the media. Information, opinions and ideals are shared and spread within seconds. *side note* this blog will contain no hidden political messages 🙂 Anyway, with all of the negativity that I have seen literally EVERYWHERE lately, I felt compelled to spread some positivity.
I go to my friends with everything so I asked them what tips they had on how to be happy//stay positive. We’re a jolly group of people, so I can assure you the advice is worth the short read.
In no particular order, here’s what they had to say:
- Stop complaining. (Once you focus on this you’ll realize how much you complain & how easy it is to complain).
- Surround yourself with people who want to better themselves.
- Always have goals.
- Read the bible.
- Make yourself happy first. It’s not selfish, it’s necessary.
- Use a planner.
- Smile often & always smile at the strangers you pass. You never know who needs it.
- Pray throughout your day.
- Lean on your friends, family & loved ones.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help or to ask questions.
- Build quality relationships.
- Put things into perspective, ask yourself “in the grand scheme of life, will this really matter?”
- Surround yourself with positive people.
- Drink coffee.
- Get yourself some flowers.
- Go outside.
- Do little things you like & don’t feel guilty about it.
- Try to find something positive in every situation, even if it’s something lame.
- Stand up straight.
- Look at yourself in the mirror & tell yourself you’re a badass. Like every day.
- Pinterest daily.
- Don’t compare yourself to others, be happy with who you are.
- Eat better.
- But definitely treat yo self. Whether it be chicken nugs, Blue Bell, what ever your heart desires. Make sure to have a cheat day. Life’s too short.
- Manage your finances to the best of your ability.
- But also shop.
- Shop more.
- Shop even more.
- Drink wine.
- Also drink more wine.
- Get pedicures.
- Take some “me” time.
- Read a book.
- Get good rest.
- Declutter your house.
- Spend more time with your family.
- Limit your social media & internet time.
- Get a dog. Or two.
I’m also into super cheesy quotes, and sometimes they can have a huge impact on my outlook so here are a few!
“When you can’t find the sunshine, be the sunshine.”
“Happy are those who take life day by day, complain very little, and are thankful for the little things.”
“Start each day with a grateful heart.”
“Be the change you wish to see in the world.”
“Happy mind, happy life.”
“Focus on the good.”
“Better to be the one who smiled than the one who didn’t smile back.”
BE THE CHANGE PEOPLE. Spread love. Stay positive. Be a decent human. <– All of that costs $0.00